Thursday, January 5, 2012

Music Video: Tété - Fils de Cham

As a blogger of negligible note but of global scope and ambitions, I am always interested to see where my readers come from.  It's no surprise that most readers come from the United States.  Similarly, it's no surprise that many readers come from places like Germany, Spain, or Russia - places whose musicians I have profiled over the past couple of years.  What does surprise me is that I get almost no visitors from France.  Heaven knows I have tried.  Posts about French artists are among my most viewed posts. . . it's just that they're not being viewed by people actually from France.

Well, let nobody accuse me of not being willing to beat my head bloody against that wall of Gallic indifference.  Today I bring you my favorite French artist of 2012, Tété.  As one of Paris' adopted sons, Tété has been writing and performing gripping guitar driven rock/R&B hybrid songs for years.  Finally, with his most recent release, "Le Premier Clair de l'Aube", he is getting the attention he deserves.  The song Fils de Cham perfectly represents this thoroughly enjoyable album.

No comments:

Post a Comment