Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Amusing Music Video: Caroline Charonpuroppu Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - PonPonPon

It has been a while since I have posted an "Amusing Music Video".  It's not that I don't see them out there.  It's just that I don't want to become known as a novelty blog, where people can come for empty-headed amusement, rather than for exposure to serious and talented artists. 

But hooo daddy!!!  Have I found a video for you guys today. 

Well, to be honest, lots of people found this video before I did.  Apparently Katy Perry loves this video.  When she tweeted about it, the video went viral, and now it has been viewed almost 15 million times.  But this isn't the first time that I've shown up for a party after it's already over, and I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Anyway, without further ado, I present to you in all of its bizarre psychedelic glory, Japanese musician/model/fashion designer/performance artist Caroline Charonpuoppu Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and her truly revolutionary song PonPonPon.   As for wanting this blog to be about serious artists. . . well, the more I find out about miss Pamyu Pamyu, the more serious in her artistic lunacy she seems.  This is not just funny because it's bad.  This is funny because the whole point of the exercise it to make you wonder if you really just saw that, or if it was just a figment of your fevered imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment