Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bundesvision 2010: Saarland


Mikroboy: Nichts ist umsonst

Every once in a while I'm torn. When I listen to Mikroboy's Nichts ist umsonst, I think to myself, "Hey, this ain't a bad tune." But then I think to myself, "But is it a great tune?" At this point, if I weren't writing a blog, I would just shrug and go on with my life. But, despite ample evidence to show that nobody particularly cares what I think about the upcoming Bundesvision Song Contest, I feel compelled to comment.

As far as the genre of alternative rock goes, Mikroboy's Nichts ist umsonst is a pretty good song. It's catchy, it rocks when it wants to, and Mikroboy has an appealing presence. My question is whether there is anything about Nichts ist umsonst that sets it apart from the pack. In addition, even if excelling within the confines of the alternative rock genre, is this really what the German public is in the mood for? If I'm honest, I really don't know the answer to these questions.

Prediction: Mikroboy's Nichts ist umsonst is a pretty good tune. But how does it compare to the competition? Depending on the mood of the German public on October 1, I'd predict that Nichts ist umsonst could land anywhere between the upper middle third and the lower top third of the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment