Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bundesvision 2010: North Rhine-Westphalia


Unheilig: Unter deiner Flagge

Sssssnnnnnrrrrkkkkkggggghhhhhh. . . huh?. . . wha'?. . . was I asleep again?

Oh man! Here I was listening to Unheilig's metal(ish) ballad Unter deiner Flagge, and I must have just lost consciousness for a few moments. But I'm back now.

Sssssnnnrrrrkkkkkgggghhhhhh
. . . pflable???. . . urrrrkkk. . . whoa!!!!

Okay! I'm back again. I just need some more coffee. And maybe a quick run around the block. Oh, yeah, and a song that isn't quite so mind bendingly boring.

Yeah, I know that Unheilig has been around for years. And yeah, I know that Unheilig has a solid following among the Neue Deutsche Härte crowd. But that all just promises way more than Unter deiner Flagge either can deliver, or frankly even tries to deliver. It's all atmospheric build up with no climax - no emotional release - no point.

Prediction: Unheilig's Unter deiner Flagge may garner some of the broody, black fingernail polish crowd, but even that won't save it from a long and dreary night - which seems appropriate as it's a long and dreary song. I predict Unter deiner Flagge to be put to sleep near the bottom of the pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment