Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Music Video: ZukunaSisters - Live

When I am bored, I try to think of odd combinations.  Today, the odd combination that popped into my head was "Japanese funk."  I don't know why that popped into my head.  It just did.  But boy, am I ever glad that it did!

You see, it turns out that there is a vibrant funk and soul scene going on right now in Japan.  And one of the notable bands in that scene is ZukunaSisters (aka Zukunasi in Japan).  This all female four-piece takes what many think to be a fundamentally American style of music, applies Japanese lyrics, and belts it out in one of the more compelling live acts I've seen in a long time.

Anybody who is a fan of soul, funk, or R&B, do yourself a big favor and check ZukunaSisters out.  I promise that you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment