Friday, December 9, 2011

Music Video: Paula - Es Kommt Immer Alles Anders

Ever since she was first able to make articulate sounds, my daughter has loved raucous music ("raucous" was one of her first words).  My wife and I knew we were in trouble when, at the age of 3, my daughter demanded that we take The Clash off the stereo because it wasn't raucous enough for her.  As she has gotten older, she has mellowed somewhat, and now at the ripe old age of 6 her musical interests have expanded to particularly enjoying raucous bands that have female singers.  Coupled with the fact that she has always expressed an interest in being a rock star herself when she grows up, I take this interest in female lead bands as being indicative of her search for musical role models.

That is why I was happy when my daughter told me the other day about how much she loves the song Es Kommt Immer Alles Anders by Paula (BTW, Paula is the name of the band, not the name of the singer).  I love this song too.  It has a bouncy, almost 80s girl band sound (think of early Go-Gos), but retains enough of an edge that it doesn't degrade into bubblegum pop.  Paula has been around for a reasonably long time, putting out five albums in over 14 years.  Each of these albums - or at least what I have heard of them so far - is chock full of great musical hooks, and is just raucous enough to keep a budding young rock star - and her father - interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment