Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Music Video: Seu Jorge - Suffragette City

This past weekend, my wife and I were enjoying some tapas at a restaurant in Georgetown, when she stopped the conversation and asked me if I could recognize the song playing on the sound system.  It took me a few moments to wrap my mind around what I was hearing.  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks: "That's David Bowie's Suffragette City!!!"

Well, not exactly.  It was actually Brazilian singer Seu Jorge providing his take on David Bowie's Suffragette City.  This one is beautifully rendered on acoustic guitar, and in Portuguese.  In my opinion, it takes what is already a really good rock tune, and turns it into something even greater and more sublime. 

All that, and the Arroz Meloso al Azafrán con Gambas was pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment