Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bundesvision 2011 Update

If you read this blog with any frequency, you will note that I just left the Bundesvision 2011 Preview hanging.  Well, yes.  I will admit to that.  It happened for two reasons.  First, unlike last year, most bands did not release videos for their Bundesvision 2011 entries until the last possible minute before the contest . . . if at all.  Second, to be brutally honest, I just lost interest.  In any typical year, there are basically three types of songs: songs that I think are great, songs that I think are so-so, and songs that I think are boring.  By the time I get through the first group, it is really difficult for me to devote my time to coming up with pithy, interesting, or informative things to say about the remaining two groups.

Anyway, Tim Bendzko of Berlin won this year's contest with his tune Wenn Worte meine Sprache wären.  It's a nice enough song that I personally would have put in the so-so group that I mention above.  My personal favorites (Kraftklub, Frida Gold, Alin Coen Band) all ended up somewhere in the middle of the pack.  I suppose it just goes to show why I am not a professional A&R guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment