Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bundesvision 2010: Baden-Württemberg


Bakkushan: Springwut

I'll confess that I have a personal preference for aggressive, guitar-driven, alternative music. Bakkushan's Springwut provides that in spades. Sure, there's a lot of screaming vocals, a monotonous beat, and less than a handful of repetitive driving chords. But, for all of that, Springwut is a catchy tune that you can dance to (or bounce, or slam, or whatever the kids are doing these days).

Perhaps just as important, in a contest that has the word "vision" in the title, Bakkushan themselves have an appealing edgy look. They're young, good looking, and energetic, and that always conveys well on TV.

Prediction: Will Bakkushan's Springwut win? Probably not. While I generally like the song, I think it lacks the lyrical or melodic depth that it will need to carry the day. My prediction is that Springwut will place in the top 10, maybe the top 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment