Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Music Video: Marteria - Kids

There are a lot of artists out there who come out with a great first album, then kind of fade away as they run through their best material.  Other artists only seem to improve with every album that they put out.

Marteria is one of these artists.

I have always liked Marteria's German-language hip-hop sound.  Even in his alternate incarnation as Marsimoto, his beats and rhymes were pretty decent - even if the Marsimoto concept gets old very quickly.  But over the course of his three albums as Marteria, it has been exciting to watch him grow and improve.  His first album, Base Ventura, was decent enough.  His second, Zum Glück in die Zukunft, with its track Secundenschlaf, was really good.  His collaborative EP with Miss Platnum and Yasha, Lila Wolken, was freakin' awesome.

So, today I bring you Marteria's hit track Kids from his recently released album Zum Glück in die Zukunft II.  I don't know whether it's the chorus that burrows into my head, or just the visuals of attractive female German field hockey players busting through an office in the video that I find so appealing (the latter predilection dating from my years attending a private prep school in the United States), but a month or so after first hearing this track, I still find myself frequently humming it to myself.  Oh, and the rest of the album is equally good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment