Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blast From the Past: Koos Kreuk - Waar is mijn hoofd

Ever since I started this little project, I have been trying to post Dutch and Belgian artists.  I know they're out there. . . right?  Well, every once in a while I find one that I really like (The Van Jets and Selah Sue are two awesome examples), but they inevitably only perform in English.  I guess that's good for marketing (after all, how many people out there even understand Dutch/Flemish?), but it's not necessarily the best thing for growing a dynamic grassroots music scene.

Every once in a while, though, something pokes through.  In this case, it only took the 1998 Pixies cover compilation "Death to the Pixies - We're Better!".  I will admit, a cover of an English language song in Dutch like Waar is mijn hoofd (Where is My Mind?) by Koos Kreuk is probably not the best showcase for the language.  Dutch really has a very different rhythm than English.  As for Koos Kreuk?  Hell if I know.  I can't find any information about or other songs by him.  Frankly, it looks like this is the only song that he ever released - unless one of my loyal readers has any more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment