Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Music Video: Dendemann - Stumpf ist Trumpf 3.0

Sometimes I don't get kids.  Over her six years, my daughter has expressed a strong preference for music that is raucous, that has a beat that you can dance to, and that has a chorus that you can sing along to.  Oh yeah, and she prefers bands with female lead singers.  That's fine.  I get that.  But every once in a while she finds a song that she really likes that doesn't really check any of those boxes.

The other day, that song was German hip-hop artist Dendemann's song Stumpf ist Trumpf 3.0.  Don't get me wrong, I have always liked this song myself.  It is aggressive but smart.  Plus, as can be seen from the video and its wonderful parody of the old TV show MacGyver, Dendemann has a solid sense of humor.  But Dendemann's voice is, if nothing else, gratingly masculine, and his beat and lyrics can neither be easily danced to nor sung along with.  I guess that is the fun thing about music: you never know what you will ultimately find appealing.  The fun is in the searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment